Are You Looking for a Preclinical CRO with Proven Orthopedic Experience?
We can help. Surpass has helped many companies advance their orthopedic innovations through preclinical research.
With proven expertise, the right facilities/equipment and dedicated staff, Surpass is a trusted partner for testing devices and therapies with orthopedic indications. Our experience spans everything from early feasibility through GLP safety studies, including assessments of performance, biocompatibility, efficacy, human factors, and more.
Hospital-Quality Equipment and Facilities for Orthopedic Procedures
- Operating room suites
- Fixed cath labs and portable c-arms
- Endoscopic camera systems
- Data acquisition systems
- Equipment for monitoring spinal fluid, blood flow, and tissue pressure
- Faxitron x-ray
- Pathology labs/necropsy rooms
Local & Contract Onsite Capabilities
- Digital x-ray
Contact Surpass for specialized equipment needs.
Models for Orthopedic Research
Surpass has wide-ranging experience performing large animal, rabbit, and human cadaver orthopedic studies. We have access to the following in vivo models.
- Bone defect/fracture/grafting repair
- Spinal fusion
- Cartilage/ligament/tendon injuries and repair
- And more
If you have a model you need replicated from literature, Surpass can help. Our skilled team has experience quickly reproducing models from the literature. Contact Surpass to discuss your specific research needs with our scientific team.
Surpass can provide board-certified veterinary and human orthopedic surgeons for performing experimental surgeries and providing feedback on product performance. We can assist your physician during surgery or in gaining surgical exposures such as laminectomies and more.
Do you have a specific question on study design or animal model constraints? Or, need to learn more about the dimensions of the spinous process or vertebral body for different research models? Talk to one of our experts today.
Does your project require specialized biomechanical testing or histopathology? We partner with leading scientists and pathologists to conduct these analyses.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Device and Therapy Experience
- Bone cement and anchors
- Bone grafting
- Bone marrow extraction devices
- Electrosurgical device for tendon and cartilage resection
- Femur, humerus, and tibia pins and rods
- Knee reconstruction
- Microdiscectomy devices
- Minimally invasive treatment for osteoarthritis
- Percutaneous disc decompression
- Scoliosis treatment
- Spinal annular repair devices
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal implants
- Spinal screws
- Spinal stenosis treatment
- Tendon and ligament repair devices
- And more
Contact us to discuss your upcoming orthopedic studies and how our team of preclinical research experts can help you.