Are You Looking for a Preclinical CRO with Proven Gastrointestinal Procedure Experience?
We can help. Surpass has assisted numerous companies advance their gastrointestinal innovations through preclinical research.
With proven expertise, the right facilities/equipment and dedicated staff, Surpass is a trusted partner for testing medical devices and therapies with gastrointestinal indications. Our experience spans everything from early feasibility through GLP safety studies, including assessments of performance, biocompatibility, efficacy, human factors, and more.
Hospital-Quality Equipment and Facilities for Gastrointestinal Procedures
- Operating suites
- Fixed cath labs and portable c-arms
- Ultrasound - transrectal (TRUS)
- High definition endoscopic camera systems with insufflation
- Microspheres and nanospheres for tissue perfusion
- Data acquisition systems
- Equipment for monitoring fluid collection, blood flow, and tissue pressure
- Faxitron x-ray
- Pathology labs/necropsy rooms
Local & Contract Onsite Capabilities
Contact Surpass for specialized equipment needs.
Models for Gastrointestinal Research
Surpass has wide-ranging experience performing large animal and human cadaver gastrointestinal studies. We have access to the following in vivo models.
- Abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS)
- Adhesion models
- Gastric bypass
- Ulcer models (chemical, thermal, and ischemic lesions)
If you don’t see the model you need, our skilled team has experience quickly reproducing models from the literature. Contact Surpass to discuss your specific research needs with our scientific team.
Our surgical teams are skilled at performing experimental surgeries such as gastric bypass and bowel resection and providing feedback on product performance. We can assist your physician during the surgery, as well as obtain standard or customized surgical exposure to make your time in the OR extremely efficient.
Do you have a specific question on preclinical study design? Or, need to learn more about the typical gastrointestinal anatomy or limitations for different research models? Talk to one of our experts today.
Does your project require specialized histopathology or analytical testing? We partner with leading pathologists and analytical testing facilities to conduct these analyses.
Comprehensive Gastrointestinal Device and Therapy Experience
- Ablation systems
- Ascietes treatments
- Bariatric implants
- Body contouring device
- Bowel anastomotic devices
- Bowel resection
- Buttress bowel leakage treatment devices
- Colorectal, gastrointestinal and stomach stapling systems
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) treatments
- Incontinence treatments
- Negative pressure therapy
- Obesity treatments
- Pancreatic cancer treatments
- RF ablation
- Retractor systems
- Tissue sealing and hemostasis
- Hemorrhoidal dearterialization
- Vagal nerve stimulation
- And more
Contact us to discuss your upcoming gastrointestinal study and learn how preclinical research CRO, Surpass, can help as a valuable member of your team. Our facility is conveniently located in the Greater Twin Cities, a leading center of biomedical research.