Are You Looking for a Preclinical CRO with Proven Neurological Experience?
We can help. Surpass has helped numerous companies advance innovations in Neurology through preclinical research.
With proven expertise, the right facilities/equipment and dedicated staff, Surpass is a trusted partner for testing devices and therapies with neurological indications. Our experience spans everything from early feasibility through GLP safety studies, including assessments of performance, biocompatibility, efficacy, human factors, pharmacokinetics (PK), and more.
Hospital-Quality Equipment and Facilities for Neurological Procedures
- Operating suites
- Fixed cath labs and portable c-arms
- Data acquisition systems
- Microspheres and nanospheres for tissue perfusion
- Equipment for monitoring fluid collection, blood flow, and tissue pressure
- Biopsy systems
- Faxitron x-ray
- Pathology labs/necropsy rooms
Local & Contract Onsite Capabilities
Contact Surpass for specialized equipment needs.
Models for Neurological Research
Surpass has wide-ranging experience performing large animal and rabbit neurological studies. We have access to the following in vivo models.
- Aneurysms (elastase derived, surgical bifurcate/sidewall/terminal)
- Brain swelling
- Cerebral stroke (middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion)
- Cerebral trauma (hydrocephalus)
- Dural defect model
- Rete mirabile (AV malformation)
- And more
If you don’t see the model you need, our skilled team has experience quickly reproducing models from the literature. Contact Surpass to discuss your specific research needs with our scientific team.
Our surgical teams are skilled at performing experimental surgeries, providing feedback on product performance, and assisting your physician with the procedure, model creation, and surgical exposure such as craniotomy.
Do you have specific questions on study design or animal model constraints? Or, need to learn more about the typical vessel sizes in the neurovascular for different research models? Talk to one of our experts today.
Does your project require specialized histopathology or analytical testing? We partner with leading pathologists and analytical testing facilities to conduct these analyses.
Comprehensive Neurological Experience
- Barorecepter stimulation
- Dural sealants
- Embolectomy devices
- Embolic protection devices
- Guide catheters
- Intrathecal treatments (pumps)
- Lead configurations and materials
- Neuromodulation and stimulation
- Pain management (pumps)
- Peripheral nerve stimulation (phrenic)
- Perfusion assist devices
- Stents (neurological/cerebral, bridging stents, flow diverters)
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Stroke treatments
- Therapeutic hypothermia induction devices
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Vascular fillers (coils)
- And more
Contact us to discuss your upcoming neurological study and how our preclinical research CRO, located in the greater Twin Cities, can help guide your team.