Translational Data from Scientifically Valid In Vivo Research Models and Human Cadavers
Do you need an in vivo research model of human disease, anatomy, or pathophysiology to test your novel therapy? We can help. The Surpass team has experience working with various large animal in vivo models including rabbits, pigs, sheep, calves, dogs, and goats. We can also source serologically tested human cadaver models with disease states of interest for your preclinical research studies or bio-skills clinical training.
The Surpass team can create surgical and interventional in vivo research models or identify applicable animal models of human disease and anatomy. We can replicate published models from scientific journals and have advanced imaging capabilities to characterize and validate models accurately, quickly, and in a minimally invasive way.
Our staff can prescreen models for size or orientation of specific anatomical structures with fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT and more. Do you need advice on selecting the appropriate animal model? We can help with that, too.
In Vivo Research Models
- Abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS)
- Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH)
- Bleeding, hemostasis, blood loss
- Bone defect, fracture, grafting repair
- Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)
- Cartilage, ligament, tendon injuries and repair
- Cerebral stroke and trauma
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG)
- Dermal and visceral abrasion
- Dural defect
- Gastric bypass
- In-stent restenosis
- Lung volume reduction
- Myocardial infarction (MI)
- Organ resection and transplant
- Septal defects
- Temporary abdominal closure (TAC)
- Thrombus, clot, deep vein thrombosis
- Vx2 tumor
- Wound healing (burn, excisional, incisional, liposuction, skin graft)
- And more
Human Cadaver Models
- Disease states of interest (Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), osteoporosis, and more)
- Previously placed medical devices (stents, grafts, pacemakers, and more)
Our staff is proficient at preparing the specimens just the way you need them and can set up vascular flow loops upon request. Learn more about our human cadaver study experience.
Contact Surpass today to discuss your specific preclinical research model needs.
Surpass can source human cadaver models with specific disease conditions or anatomy such as this specimen which has bilateral SFA stenosis.
Surpass can create surgical models of specific anatomy such as arteriovenous grafts (shown in this image), fistulas, organ transplants, and more.